Thursday, May 31, 2012

Made New


You. You there.
Make an incision in my veins and bleed me dry.
Leave me there, a pounding heart.
A burning body, writhing.

By taking away all that I am
I can find all that I am.
And this lifeless body can be filled again--
New. True.

Fill me.
I am Yours.
Take this writhing body and replace me.
Love, Joy, Peace.
Patience.
Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Faithfulness.
Self-control.
“I know I’m filled to be emptied again;
This seed I’ve received I will sow.”

*  *  *

The world is new.
I am a child, the earth cushions my feet.
I dance in freedom, in joy.
Are you broken? Come.
I will hold you in an embrace until you can stand again.
Let’s love.

Let’s explore.
At the base of my being I long for adventure
I long to explore, to see
To give explosions of joy to others
To travel to unknown places.
My heart pounds in these revelations.

*  *  *

Day by day,
I feel myself coming back to life
My heart restarting.
Broken places being healed.
Veins full of His passionate fire.
Vigor and Love.

Soon I may be able to humbly stand,
Made New.

1 comment:

  1. dude. sister.
    the first stanza- raw, aching of life
    let's love, let's explore, YES. Let's. Please!
    and then the last, mmm...
    I love that your words are real.

    ReplyDelete