Sunday, May 13, 2012

Train Tracks

I
Sometimes I feel like a train
Just going, going, going
And not in the way you think, 
Where I’d be on the right track
No.
This track is detoured, derailed,
Until I’m devoured by the train, on my own path.

II
Chugga Chugga, choooo who
In the hell do you think you are?
Choosing your own track?
He’s got your back though you think that He’s laggin’ behind,
But if you opened up your mind you’d see that He’s been there the whole time. 

III
I feel like a caboose, though I long to be the conductor,
Maybe if I duck under the wheel He won’t notice.
Do trains even have wheels to steer?
Faking knowledge is the new thing, I hear.
Oh, dear.

IV
My track made sense.
I knew where it was going,
I was like a rooster in its crowing
Like a lawn mower mowing
Cutting the competition out and
Speeding about faster than lighting in
Life’s swift storm.

V
Your track is greater,
Like many I found this out later
And now I can’t stay here
Complacent.
Instead my thoughts swirl like thunder
And I’m slowly pulled under
Until You pull the thoughts asunder
And I get back on track.
Chugga Chugga choo choo!

No comments:

Post a Comment