Sunday, November 1, 2015

Ever-present

Remind me that the breath of the tulip reverberates with mine,
That with each day we are both waxing and waning beneath the ever-present moon.
She closes, I open, but we both respond to the heartbeat of the sun.

The sun.
Drench me with rays til I am wet with dew.
Sing your song to me in the morning and I will respond, opening up to your rays.
Glory.
(This is what we do not speak of in the night--how the willow bends in an embrace to weave its hand in mine.)

Remind me that the breath of the tulip reverberates with mine.
Remind me what it is to dance in the land of the living.
Remind me that though I am closed in the cold of the night that the Promised Sun still beats deep within the shell of the earth.
Remind me, Love.
(It is your warmth I seek.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment