Monday, July 1, 2013

Safety and Bravery

Choosing safety is so much easier than choosing to be brave and live out my convictions. 

Safety is known; bravery is the unknown. I can navigate through safety even though my soul longs for the lifestyle of bravery. Safety is exactly how it sounds--safe. Emotionally safe, everything safe. 

Bravery requires a vulnerability and transparency that I'm not sure I have the courage to choose. Bravery allows people other than myself to view and live in the midst of my pain. 

The only way bravery will be chosen is with the truth and reality of Christ at the forefront. Answering to none on earth gives me the freedom to follow Him and have Him align my lifestyle to love. Living in this freedom allows me to choose bravery, knowing that I am already unconditionally loved and will not be rejected or misunderstood in the change. 


"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment