Sunday, October 25, 2015

Moments

Spent the last four days being intentional about noticing moments where my soul was full of joy and contentment. Gratitude is a medicine for a restless spirit.

Some moments:
Holding five patterned scarves in my hands, each a different story and piece of art and feeling like I wanted to consume them because they were so beautiful.

Staring at a birthday plate placed in front of me in celebration.

The moment when the river came into view after a leaf-crunching earthy stroll through the woods.

(Playing the drum on the banks of this same river, recalibrating my soul.)

Driving on the long stretch of highway with the sun setting red, pink, orange and yellow across the Ohio plains.

Watching dancers and chanters tell stories through hula--awestruck.

Art. All the art.

Being in a constant state of communion where poetry is my prayer.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment